Here are some suggestions for eating, food preparation and dinning out which may be helpful during and after the Two Week Test.
- Omelets, with any combination of vegetables, meats and cheeses.
- Scrambled with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
- Scrambled with a scoop of ricotta or cottage cheese and tomato sauce.
- Boiled or poached with spinach or asparagus and hollandaise or cheese sauce.
- Add turkey or chicken slices if appealing
- Chef – leaf lettuce, meats, cheeses, eggs.
- Spinach – with bacon, eggs, anchovies.
- Caesar – Romaine lettuce, eggs, Parmesan cheese, anchovies.
- Any salad with chicken, tuna, shrimp or other meat or cheese.
- Extra-virgin olive oil and vinegar (balsamic, wine, apple cider). Plain or with sea salt and spices.
- Creamy – made with heavy cream, mayonnaise, garlic and spices.
FISH AND MEATS:
- Pot roast cooked with onions, carrots and celery.
- Roasted chicken stuffed with a bulb of anise, celery and carrots.
- Chili made with fresh, chopped meat and a variety of vegetables such as diced eggplant, onions, celery, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes and spices.
- Steak and eggs.
- Any meat with a vegetable and a mixed salad.
- Chicken Parmesan with a mixed salad.
- Fish (not breaded or fried) with any variety of sauces and vegetables.
- Tuna melt on bed o broccoli or asparagus.
- Celery stuffed with nut butter or cream sauce.
- Guacamole with vegetables sticks for dipping.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Rolled slices of fresh meat and cheese.
- Vegetables juices.
- Almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds.
- Let the waiter know you do not want any bread, to avoid temptations.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for an extra vegetable instead of rice or potato.
- Avoid all fried food (it’s usually laden with bread crumbs and bad fat).
- Avoid iceberg lettuce. Choose a Caesar or spinach salad instead.
DINING MENU OPTIONS:
Chinese – Steamed dishes or moo shu (no rice, pancakes or sweet sauce).
Continential – Filet mignon or other steak, duck, fish or seafood.
French – Coquilles Saint-Jacques, boeuf a la Bourguignonne.
Italian – Veal parmigiana (not breaded or deep-fried)
Vegetarian – Tofu or cheese and vegetables, egg dishes.