Start2Health Basic Healthy Diet
1. EAT WHOLE FOODS.
- Foods found in nature, or simply stated as foods God made versus ones man made. Emphasize fresh vegetables and fruits, if you tolerate the carbohydrate level of fruits. Eat quality proteins found in meat, fish, poultry, and eggs.
- Eat and supplement your diet with a variety of natural fats and oils, including most vegetable oils (especially olive oil) fish oil, and flaxseed oil.
2. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER… primarily between meals.
Water consumed with a meal can dilute digestive enzymes, interfering with digestion.
3. AVOID REFINED CARBOHYDRATES.
Instead of white sugar and white flour products, eat more complex carbohydrates like most vegetables, except for starches.
4. EAT FOODS WITH FIBER.
- Fruits Vegetables
- Whole foods found in nature
5. AVOID HYDROGENATED AND PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OIL.
The man-made process of hydrogenation can increase the shelf life of packaged foods, but artificially transformed fats actually interfere with the metabolism of good or natural fats.
An Overview of the Start2Health System™
- Follow the principles of a Basic Healthy Diet Take Supplements regularly (the S2H Supplement Questionnaire will assess these for you) Redo the Start2Health Supplement Questionnaire every month
- Follow your Start2Health Exercise System™